Mirco Tranchina has lived in China for several years. Since coming here, he has become fluent in Chinese, and he is now on a TV show called Informal Talks. He also has a full-time job, and he's finishing his master's degree. Fun fact: So far, Mirco has lived in ten different apartments in Beijing. Luckily, he was able to take some time out of his busy schedule to record this podcast. We had an awesome conversation; I hope you enjoy it.
Download this Episode (right-click and choose “save as”)
- Check out this video of flooding in Beijing:
- We talked about the new (and giant) wave of bicycle-sharing companies in China. The revolutionary aspect of these bicycles is that you don't need to return them to a docking station. You can leave them anywhere (within reason).
- The show Mirco is on is called Informal Talks. Here is the latest episode. Watching it will also give you an idea of what TV is like in China (Think “A.D.D.”).
- Follow this link for a list (in Chinese) of every episode of the latest season.
- This article talks about live streaming in China. The technology is going mainstream. It's not just girls seductively eating bananas anymore.
- Here is how “yada yada yada” works, according to Seinfeld: