Paddy was a very interesting guest. He has accumulated a broad array of knowledge about China and much of the world. Our hour together flew by. Choose a link below to listen to it in your favorite format:
Here's a video we shot immediately after finishing our podcast:
Thanks for listening and watching! Did you enjoy our discussion? Hate it? Let me know in the comment section below.
- We started our discussion by talking about polychronic and monochronic cultures. Here is a good article that explains the difference between these types of societies, specifically with how they view time.
- I mentioned The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey. Sorry, I couldn't recall the author's name during the recording. This is one of the best books on self-development ever written. It's just as relevant today as it was in 1989, when it was originally published.
- I also mentioned Gantt Charts. This website has a ton of info on Gantt Charts and how to use them.
- Here's an explanation of Agile Software Development. Many of these concepts can be applied to a variety of different industries.
- We discussed the incredible growth of Beijing's subway system. This article includes a gif that illustrates this growth.
- I talked about the city of Mudanjiang (牡丹江) when I meant to say Zhanjiakou (张家口) in Hebei Province. The two names are so similar, you can easily see how I would confuse them. The Around the World Podcast regrets this error.
Here's Paddy, having a moment with a Smart Air filter.