Download this Episode (right-click and choose “save as”)
- Nitai works for The Hutong, where he runs many outdoor excursions across China.
- Here's a video I shot last year during the Lantern Festival fireworks in Beijing:
- And here's a video I created at the Jingpo Nao Song Festival 景颇族瑙纵歌节:
- Here's my “Chain Fail” podcast that I mentioned while talking with Nitai.
- We also talked about The Sex Lives of Cannibals, a funny book by J. Maarten Troost about his time living on a remote island in Kiribati.
- Nitai also mentioned showing a documentary called Plastic Oceans. Follow the link for more info.
- Nitai's friend Kyle Obermann won this year's WildChina Explorer Grant. He will use the grant to explore the Hengduan mountain range and document conservation work.
- Here's Kyle's Instagram Page.
And here are a few pictures of some of the places we talked about on the show:
These folks are playing majong (a traditional Chinese tile game) outside of our building in Dongzhimen, Beijing.
Here's the theater in Shaxi, China.
The famous bridge in Shaxi, China.
At the weekly market in Shaxi.
Here's Katie at Tiger Leaping Gorge in Yunnan, China.
Panda Lake, an example of the scenery you'll encounter at Jiuzhaigou National Park.
This is Soldiers' Gathering, in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park.