Katie and I are at the beginning of our own Trans-Siberian experience. Currently we are in St. Petersburg and plan to head east to Lake Baikal, then south to Mongolia. On this podcast, Jari and Nadezhda gave me some great tips on riding this famous train across Russia. Let's take a listen:
Download this Episode (right-click and choose “save as”)
- Jari and Nadezhda met at a Crossfit gym in Beijing. I was just in Madison, WI, where the 2017 Crossfit Games were happening.
- We also talked about Heyrobics in Beijing.
- Yak is an airline that serves much of Russia. Despite the name, the food on it is supposed to be pretty good.
- I mentioned a great memoir by Jon Turk called The Raven's Gift, which mostly takes place in Kamchatka.
- The Kamchatka brown bear is a subspecies of brown bear. So apparently, grizzlies and browns are the same species, even though there are notable differences between the two.