My guest today is Debbie Ma. She's from Taiwan and has lived for a long time in Beijing. She's an acupuncturist and home brewer. She taught me the basics of how acupuncture works and we discussed the home-brewing scene here in Beijing, as well as travel in Japan.
Download this Episode (right-click and choose “save as”)
If you are in Beijing and want to set up an acupuncture appointment with Debbie, you can find her on Wechat under the ID “beeforce”.
- I mentioned staying in the village of Shaxi in Yunnan Province. Here's a podcast I did with Fei Fei Huo (霍婉菲), one of the owners of the hostel where I stayed.
- I was surprised that I had never heard of the N Beer Pub, considering that it's one of the biggest in Beijing. Then again, it's on the opposite side of the city from where I live, and I'm not that tuned-in to the craft beer culture here to begin with.
- Here's an article from Timeout Beijing about the best craft beers in Beijing. I actually have been to all of these places, and I can confirm that their beer is delicious.
- And here's an article about the connection between Maori and native Taiwanese people.
- If you'll be in Xiamen on June 24, 2017, you can attend the Master Cup Home Brew Tournament. Here's some more information.
- And if you'll be in Madison, Wisconsin in mid-August, you can attend one of the greatest beer festivals of all, the Great Taste of the Midwest.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev has been buying many small breweries of late. Here is a list of eight craft brewers they have bought since 2011.
- Debbie mentioned the island of Kyushu in Japan. Here is more information about Kyushu. Katie and I might just have to go there this fall.