Please enjoy this episode and remember to subscribe on this website or using your favorite platform. I'm always looking for new guests, so if you'll be in Beijing soon and want to join the fun, drop me a line.
Jeroen and Linda blog about their adventures at way-east.com. They love getting new visitors, so tell all your friends!
- According to Wikipedia, Wang (王) is the most common Chinese surname, covering 9.9% of the population. Li (李) and Zhang (张/張) are the next most common. Eighty-five percent of Chinese people have one of the 100 most common surnames in the country.
- Again according to Wikipedia, the Russian city of Vladivostok's name means (roughly) "the ruler of the East".
- When we talk about gers, we are referring to Mongolian yurts. Here's an example that I found at the Genghis Khan memorial near Dongsheng, China:
- Couchsurfing is a website that connects you with locals around the world.
- Be Welcome is an open-source competitor of Couchsurfing.